We are now accepting submissions for Bricolage Issue 36! The deadline to submit is Sunday, January 21st at 11:59 pm.
You may submit in as many categories as you like. If you do so, please group your submissions according to category and complete the submission form one time per category. For example, if you have three prose submissions and one poetry submission, the three individual prose files will be submitted in one iteration of the form and the single poetry file will be submitted in a second, separate iteration.
PROSE: (e.g. fiction, creative non-fiction, anecdotal essays, plays, scripts)
- You may submit no more than 2 entries. Maximum limit per entry is 10 pages, single-spaced.
POETRY: (e.g. free verse, blank verse, limericks, haikus, sonnets)
- You may submit no more than 3 entries. Maximum limit per entry is 2 pages, single-spaced.
VISUAL ART: (e.g. photographs, drawings, paintings, design/graphic work)
- You may submit no more than 4 entries. Maximum file size per entry is 10MB.
MUSIC: (e.g. orginal pop, rock, EDM, classical, jazz, indie, spoken-word)
- You may submit no more than 3 entries. Maximum limit per entry is 100MB.
- Please do not submit covers.
Bricolage Literary & Visual Arts Journal only accepts unpublished submissions. If your prose, poetry, music, or visual art work has been previously published, we will not consider it for publication.
We will allow simultaneous submissions, but you must let us know when you submit that the piece is under consideration with multiple publishers. If your piece gets accepted for publication somewhere else, you must let us know immediately.
We DO NOT accept academic/research papers, critical essays, news articles, or technical documents.
PLEASE NOTE: For collaborative projects, it is the responsibility of the submitting writer/artist to obtain permission from each participant prior to submission.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PROSE AND POETRY SUBMISSIONS:
- Make a separate file for each work you submit.
- Ensure that your submission is as free as possible from errors.
- If prose or poetry: Format your submission to be 12pt font in either Times New Roman or Arial.
- If prose, poetry, or visual arts: Apart from the body of the submission, include only your UW Student ID Number.
- Save your file in this format: “category—title of work—student ID number.docx” Do NOT include any part of your name in the file name. Example: Prose—The Tale of the Husky—0714589.doc
- Go to the SUMBISSIONS FORM HERE.
- Complete the submission form once for each section to which you would like to submit. Example: If you are submitting to prose and poetry, complete and submit the submissions form twice.
- If submission is multi-part: complete the “Multi-Part Sumbissions” section of the form only once, when submitting files for the final part of the submission. Example: If your submission includes prose and music, and you submit the prose first and the music second, fill out the “Multi-Part Submissions” section while completing the form in which you are submitting music.
- If you have any questions, send them to email@example.com.